Just a reminder that this is not, in fact, a recipe blog. You can find a really good recipe for double chocolate chip muffins here:
Muffins are pretty easy most of the time. Here’s how they went:
- Prep muffin tin with liners and preheat oven to 400F.
- Mix together dry ingredients:
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder (I used fairly heaping tablespoons)
- 3/4 cup sugar (the recipe says “superfine” but I have no idea what that means so I used regular normal person sugar)
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips (I used a mixture of finely chopped semisweet chunks left over from a previous recipt and chips)
- Mix together wet ingredients.
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix together dry and wet ingredients, leaving lumps. Spoon into muffin cups and sprinkle some more chips on top. (I used mini chips to sprinkle on top.)
- Bake for 20 minutes or so. (I don’t remember if I did slightly shorter or longer, sorry.) Yields 12 muffins.
- This was one of the easiest recipes I’ve made since I started this whole baking project. I didn’t even have to use the electric mixer.
- These tasted REALLY good fresh out of the oven. Warm, melty chocolate goodness.
- I was a tiny bit worried I over-filled the cups, but they ended up perfect. 12 big, fluffy muffins with generous tops.
- I can’t think of anything I would do differently. I would make these exactly the same.
- Maybe double the recipe so MORE MUFFINS.