Look, I know this is insane. I got the idea from a wonderful Facebook group I’m a part of, where I’m fairly sure the member shared this as a joke. It struck me as an idea so bad that it revolved all the back away around to gourmet. Also, it struck me like a bolt of inspiration from God that I should put candied jalapenos on it. So when I visited the Dallas Arboretum and saw that they were selling homegrown candied jalapenos, I felt it was a sign that I needed to follow my dreams.
- Start with a party size (16 oz) bag of crunchy Cheetos and crunch them up in the bag using your hands.
- Melt 3 tbsp butter. Add 1 10-oz bag of mini marshmallows and melt over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Once melted, immediately mix the marshmallows in with the cheetos. (The recipe says to do it over the pan but I think this would be insanely difficult, I used a really big mixing bowl.)
- Press the mixture into a greased large baking pan and top with candied jalapenos. If you don’t have candied jalapenos you can make them yourself, it takes about a month though (just google for recipes).
- Cool to set and cut into squares.
- I know this is a joke but I actually kind of liked them. The marshmallow cancels out the salty/cheesiness of the Cheeto, so they really are palatable (if you like marshmallow). Candied jalapenos are AMAZING and I would eat them straight from the jar honestly, and they add something just a little special.
- My husband refused to even try them so I think I’m going to need to ask for a divorce.
- Although he refused to try them, my husband did offer a few good tips. Number one, the jalapenos don’t really stick to the top surface of the bars. So it would be better to chop them up and mix them in with the marshmallows directly.
- Secondly, mixing the marshmallows and Cheetos together was a massive pain. I’d try it with the puffy kind or maybe use slightly fewer Cheetos or mix in two separate batches or something, just to reduce the total elbow grease required.
- I honestly would re-make these although I’m not 100% sure who would want to try them lol.